Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Handviewer Version 3 Released Lots of improvements

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-February-02, 19:20

If you don't know what the Handviewer program is, I suggest you either read the other recent posts in this Forum or read the instructions:

Link to Handviewer documentation

The instructions contain something new: details for how to add annotations to your bridge movies. This makes it possible to use the Handviewer to display presentations similar to those that appeared for many years in "The Deal of the Week".

Other changes in Version 3 include:

- Bid explanations look nicer but you need to click (as oppposed to mouse-over) in order to see them. This is how it has to be on browser-enabled mobile phones where there is no such thing as mouse-over.

- There is an option for "Hide played cards". You can right-click anywhere in the Handviewer program to change this setting. Sorry I have not figured out how to get the thing to save its settings yet so those of you who don't like to see played cards will have to use this option a lot for now ;)

- You can click on the name of any of the 4 players to "kibitz" that player. Click again on that player's name to show all 4 hands.

- You can specify a play sequence without having to pre-asign all the cards.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements or if you find any bugs either by e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) or by making a Forums post. There are a least a couple of Forums threads already going with Handviewer comments. For example:

Link to Handviewer comments thread

I am paying attention to your feedback - most of the changes in Version 3 were inspired by suggestions I received from Handviewer users who posted to Forums :)

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users