• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-26, 13:07

Hi,
How do we invoke the new program? 'Myhands' hasnt changed, I am using

http://online.bridge...ex.php?offset=0
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#2 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2009-January-26, 13:17

http://online.bridge...hands/index.php

Think is the same link... But search for some of your hands, and click the MOVIE link next to the hand record. The new viewer pops up 'automagically', I think.

Maybe if you have the Win client installed it defaults to that. I can't test that now, since I'm on my linux box.

(ed. By the way, big thanks to Fred and company!)

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2009-January-26, 13:23

empty your browser cache.
--Ben--

#4 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-26, 13:40

Your "myhands" will not change. What changes is what happens when you watch a movie from it - it now should be via your web browser.

Very cool Fred!!! Having all of the hand info in the link will make editing hands a breeze. I've had a look and figured most of it out - now you'll just need to teach me how to add comments.
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

#5 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-26, 14:31

G_R__E_G, on Jan 26 2009, 07:40 PM, said:

Very cool Fred!!!  Having all of the hand info in the link will make editing hands a breeze.  I've had a look and figured most of it out - now you'll just need to teach me how to add comments.

Thanks Greg - I am glad you like it :D

I suggest you don't get too involved in figuring out how it works just yet. Within the next few days we will hopefully be able to release some documentation that will describe some easier ways to create various types of presentations (easier than manually editing a lin file I mean).

At this point in time the Handviewer does not support annotations, but it is likely that I will implement something along those lines before too long. The whole thing is still very much a work in progress.

By the way, it seems to work fairly well on the iPhone and will probably work on just about any mobile device that can run a web browser. You can send your friends text messages that contain links to movies and they will be able to view the movies on their phones :)

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#6 User is offline   Trumpace 

• Hideous Rabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-26, 15:06

Sorry for using this thread for asking this question.

Is there a way we can download the files for later use etc? (Not necessarily my own hands, which I can find on my hard drive).

#7 User is offline   inquiry 

Posted 2009-January-26, 15:13

I was wondering how I could save a hand now to my computer? I save a lot of hands from myhands site. Some for posting in the forum (thanks to lincoverter.exe), some for putting into nice display using Bridge Composer, others for my own purposes. However, the right click and save as generates an error message, rather than opening the hand.

I am using a work-around, in which I open the hand in a new browser (BTW, seems you can only open one at a time, is this true - opening in new window or new tab generates error messages)? and copy the entire address line into a text file. When you do that, you get something like this.....

http://www.bridgebas...ml?lin=pn|South player,West Player,North Player, East Player|st||md|2S35H237JD4KC23589,S6QH4TKAD257AC46K,S78KAH56QD68TQC7T,|rh||ah|Board%208|sv|o|mb|1N|mb|p|mb|2H!|an|tr|mb|p|mb|2S|mb|p|mb|3N|mb|p|mb|p|mb|p|pc|D6|pc|D3|pc|DK|pc|DA|pc|SQ|pc|SA|pc|S2|pc|S3|pc|DQ|pc|D9|pc|D4|pc|D2|pc|D8|pc|DJ|pc|H2|pc|D5|pc|SJ|pc|S5|pc|S6|pc|S7|pc|ST|pc|C2|pc|H4|pc|SK|pc|DT|pc|S4|pc|H3|pc|D7|pc|H5|pc|H9|pc|HJ|pc|HA|pc|HK|pc|H6|pc|H8|pc|H7|pc|C4|pc|C7|pc|CJ|pc|C3|pc|S9|pc|C5|pc|HT|pc|S8|mc|9|

Just delete the first bunch of characters up to and including the equal sign. Copy multiple hands and put into a single file and you can use find and replace to remove all the http:// stuff at once.
--Ben--

#8 User is offline   inquiry 

Posted 2009-January-26, 15:20

ok... silly me I should have figured this out quicker, but i found a way to open more than one hand.. just click on however amny you want, then use ALT-LEFT or ALT-Right arrow key in place of teh missing forward and back button on the browser, you can go through all of them that way.
--Ben--

#9 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-26, 15:49

Trumpace, on Jan 26 2009, 09:06 PM, said:

Sorry for using this thread for asking this question.

Is there a way we can download the files for later use etc? (Not necessarily my own hands, which I can find on my hard drive).

I suppose there is no completely trivial way to do this anymore (but see Inquiry's good suggestion for a workaround). If the Handviewer program is sufficient for whatever you might want to do with these files in the future, another alternative is to just save the link itself.

If more people ask for this then I suspect we will produce a more convenient way of saving the actual lin files before too long.

In the mean time, sorry about the inconvenience.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#10 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2009-January-26, 16:54

Will we get Double Dummy analysis in the new movies?
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#11 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-26, 18:37

jillybean2, on Jan 26 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

Will we get Double Dummy analysis in the new movies?

Not currently, but maybe one day.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#12 User is offline   orlam 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-27, 01:59

Is this just javascript? Coooooool!
Trying to learn, I have many questions.

#13 User is offline   Tomi2 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-27, 05:50

i would strongly like a way to have links to the old myhands page because i liked to save the files and watch them on my pc, most important was the GIB icon, because i wanted to check, if there is a double dummy way available to play better!

#14 User is offline   inquiry 

Posted 2009-January-27, 16:04

Three small gotcha's and one huge OH NO to my copy the address bar thing.... here is what I do...

First small gotcha, to get rid of the I paste it into excel, and then convert text to column, using the = (equal sign) as the thing that defines new columns. This gives you the hand in the "b" column.

Second small gotcha is that spaces are replaced with percent sign, so i do a global find and replace, and change % to a space. This changes things like Board%1 to Board 1.

That is the good news. Now for the bad news. The |pg|| command that normally separates the end of the bidding and the opening lead, and at the end of each round of play are all missing. So the hand jumps immediately to the end of play.

So the the third gotch is that each auction ends with |p|p|p| so you might write a macro to put a |pg|| after every p|p|p| but that causes a funny pg after first three passes. So a better solution is to globally replace mb|p|pc| with mb|p|pg||pc

Now for the huge OH NO. There is no page command between the play. Basically what we need to do is find pc|??|pc|??|pc|??|pc|??| where ?? are wildcards, then delete that, then paste right back there the cut text plus pg||. Find, Replace with find what text plus pg||. (fiind each trick, and put new page command after each page).

All this needs to managed by macros, and it would be helpful to also add QX|o1|, qx|02|, etc to each hand you paste into excel.

I have a macro that does all of that EXCEPT the find and replace play issue. Of course you could find each pc| and replace it with pg||pc| but then each card is played individually rather than one trick at a time. That is how I have it working right now, as I am not good at wildcards.
--Ben--

#15 User is offline   kdr_fm 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-January-27, 16:45

Hi

The new format looks great ... but ... I think you will find alot of users including myself like/want to be able to save the hands in .lin format to use gib on them, or do whatever else. Other than that very nice.

Should be possible to add a small save button ? :> One other tiny issue is also long auctions, you cant see the lot and need to scroll up/down. Minor

Overall thumbs up

Karel

#16 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked

Posted 2009-January-27, 23:39

kdr_fm, on Jan 27 2009, 03:45 PM, said:

Hi

The new format looks great ... but ... I think you will find alot of users including myself like/want to be able to save the hands in .lin format to use gib on them, or do whatever else. Other than that very nice.

Should be possible to add a small save button ? :> One other tiny issue is also long auctions, you cant see the lot and need to scroll up/down. Minor

Overall thumbs up

Karel

Ditto - I had not realized the save function had disappeared until now.
(still learning)

#17 User is offline   Infidel 

• PipPip

Posted 2009-January-28, 09:20

I HATE it I HATE it I HATE it...I don't use the browser-based access because I prefer the older format, and wish I could keep it for hand review also. I did find that if I "open a bridge movie" from the desktop icon, it still comes up the old way, but that eliminates some other features. I hope I'm not simply resisting anything because it's new, but the newer format just feels wrong to me, and I'm uncomfortable with it. I'd really appreciate being able to continue pulling up the older format.

#18 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-28, 10:14

There is now a second link ("lin") in the movie column.

If you click on one of these links you will be able to save the appropriate .lin file (or open it using the Windows BBO client).

If you do not see these links try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, close your browser, open a new one, clear the cache, and try again.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#19 User is offline   emma 

• Pip

Posted 2009-January-28, 17:20

I don't like it.

I hate the web BBO client too.

I just feel very uncomfortable.

Thanks for the lin

#20 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-January-29, 12:04

I like it! Very handy. Sorry. :huh:
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users