BBO Discussion Forums: A new (free) bridge program to try - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A new (free) bridge program to try Bidding system editor

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2005-September-02, 12:24

Currently we are using the name "Full Disclosure" (FD) for this program, but it is likely that this will change. The purpose of FD is to allow you to enter/edit details of your partnerships' bidding agreements

At some point we will integrate the files that are created by this program (.bss files) with the BBO client. It will then be possible for the BBO software to automatically provide explanations of bids that were made, explanations of bids that were not made, explanations of how the auction might continue...

FD has all kinds of other potentially useful applications that are not necessarily related to BBO, such as:

- educational tool for learning new systems or conventions
- tool that partnerships can use to record and study their agreements
- eliminate the need for convention cards in online bridge (and possibly one day in real life bridge as well)

Probably by now some of you are really excited about trying this program, but the following warnings are necessary:

1) There is no documentation yet and I cannot spend a lot of time answering tech support questions. Good news is that the interface does not seem that hard for most new user to figure out on his/her own. I am sure that some of you will have no trouble and all and that some of those people will be happy to answer questions from those of you who have them ;)

2) This is the first unofficial release of a very new program. The yellows have been playing around with FD for the past week or so. A lot of bugs have been identified and fixed, but it is likely that more remain. You should not be shocked to see this program crash or do something weird on occasion.

3) The file format that I am using could easily change in the future. If it does then it will take some effort (on your part!) to get the files you have already created to work with new versions.

The point of warnings 2) and 3) is that you should not get too attached to the work you do with this program (since you may lose that work). If you are going to go to try some "serious work" with this program, you should be making backups of your critical files and frequently saving your new work.

Feedback is very welcome. Suggest you use Forums for this purpose. I will add comments as I see fit, but don't be hurt if I don't respond to your post (or e-mail) on this subject. I promise I will read and consider what you have to say, but right now I am beseiged by e-mail about the new version of BBO itself.

Hope you enjoy this new program!

Click here to download program to install Full Disclosure on your PC!

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users