Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Excellent website 2 deals a day by Mike Lawrence

#1 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-September-23, 17:09

On www.bridgeclues.com, there is one new "flashcard question" on bidding per day by Mike Lawrence. Additionally, there is a bidding problem hand and a play problem hand, also new every day.

Levels of these are, I would say, most useful for intermediates. The bidding problems usually focus on judgement issues related to very common conventions. All of the problems are very instructive.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#2 User is offline   ArcLight 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Rowing. Wargaming. Military history.

Posted 2004-September-24, 14:20

www.bridgeclues.com is the only Bridge website with daily problems that I bother with.

In addition to the website, I can't praise Mike Lawrences software enough.
So far Ive completed Counting at Bridge, and Private Lessons 1 & 2, and am starting Conventions. Then onto Defense and finally 2 over 1.

Each CD is around $35, and takes me something like 8 hours (? I do them in small chunks so I dont know the exact time??) to complete. The lessons are fun, interesting, informative, valuable, and you can always redo them a year later to see if the material has sunk in.

I would buy any new book (I have every Bridge book he's written) or Software of his sight unseen.

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-September-24, 14:47

Thanks for your compliments about the Mike Lawrence software (which was created by Bridge Base Inc.). You can find out more and/or order any of these products through:

www.bridgebase.com/software

Good news is that the sequel of Counting at Bridge (the most popular Lawrence prgram) will be released within the next couple of months.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users