BBO Discussion Forums: Watch live bridge on your phone - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Watch live bridge on your phone (or on your computer)

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-April-28, 08:25

The Handviewer program has now been extended so that it is able to connect to BBO for the purposes of kibitzing BBO tables or for watching vugraph. In theory this should work on any device (including your computer and various types of mobile phones) that can run a Javascript-enabled web browser.

You can access this facility through the following link:

http://www.bridgebase.com/test1

When you get to that page, you will see a list of "interesting tables". If you click on one of tables in that list, you will be able to watch the live action at that table. You will remain at that table until it closes (or until there is a problem). You will then be returned to the list of tables. When you are at a table you can click your browser's "Back" button at any time to return to the list of tables.

Several disclaimers:

- This is still very much an experiment. It is not meant to be a finished product!

- The only mobile device for which we have been able to do much testing is Apple's iPhone (where it seems to work quite well). The main reason we are making this announcement now is so that people with other types of mobile devices can try it and let us know if they run into problems (not at all unlikely).

- We also continue to do work on server side of this facility and we are not really sure what the server capacity is in terms of the maximum number of simultaneous users. So don't be totally surprised if you lose your connection at some point. As we learn more about how the system performs when people are using it, we expect that things will stabilize.

- The list of interesting tables does not always update itself automatically. Refresh the page in order to get a current list.

- If you use a relatively obscure web browser either on your mobile phone or on your computer (or even if you don't), you may well see some graphical strangeness. It is not really practical for us to even attempt to test this thing in all possible environments. That is why we need your help :)

- We have implemented a reasonable number of features, but there are a lot of things you can do in BBO that you cannot do through this facility. If this application is well-received then it is likely that the time will come in which we do the necessary work to extend its functionality, but I can't really predict when that might happen. There is not much point in you making reports like "In the Windows and/or Flash clients I can do blah, but I can't do blah here" - we already know what you can and cannot do.

If you run into any problems or have any suggestions, please let me know either by making a Forums post or by sending me an e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com). I have set up a Forums thread where you can post your feedback:

Link to feedback thread

Enjoy!

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users