• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

.lin --> text file converter?

#1 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2007-August-08, 21:50

Hi,

I'm sure that a few years ago someone provided me with a .lin to text converter that I have since lost track of (not that I didn't appreciate and use it, but I switched computers during a time of little bridge play and didn't bring the converter with me).

While I'm at it, I might as well ask how you generally add comments to deals and share them via e-mail? When I was viewing the .lin file in the BBO movie viewer, there didn't seem to be any obvious way to add comments. (Thus the desire for the .lin files to be converted to text files that look like bridge hands.)

Thanks,
Tim

#2 User is offline   pdmunro 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-August-08, 23:06

To convert to text:
Open .lin file offline with BBO.
Click printer symbol in bottom corner.
Text file is instantly created.

To add comments:
This is done online.
Click MOVIE button.
Open . lin file and annotate.
Save.
Peter . . . . AKQ . . . . K = 3 points = 1 trick
"Of course wishes everybody to win and play as good as possible, but it is a hobby and a game, not war." 42 (BBO Forums)
"If a man speaks in the forest and there are no women around to hear is he still wrong?" anon
"Politics: an inadequate substitute for bridge." John Maynard Keynes
"This is how Europe works, it dithers, it delays, it makes cowardly small steps towards the truth and at some point that which it has admonished as impossible it embraces as inevitable." Athens University economist Yanis Varoufakis
"Krypt3ia @ Craig, dude, don't even get me started on you. You have posted so far two articles that I and others have found patently clueless. So please, step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself." Comment on infosecisland.com
"Doing is the real hard part" Emma Coats (formerly from Pixar)
"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde
"Assessment, far more than religion, has become the opiate of the people" Patricia Broadfoot, Uni of Gloucestershire, UK

#3 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2007-August-08, 23:07

Cascade developed the lin convertor, if you search for one of his posts you will find a link for lin convertor in his signature.

here.. http://forums.bridge...topic=20598&hl=
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#4 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-August-09, 08:33

I'm sure that a few years ago someone provided me with a .lin to text converter that I have since lost track of (not that I didn't appreciate and use it, but I switched computers during a time of little bridge play and didn't bring the converter with me).

I've been using Pavilcek's converter to share hands with a mentor. Here's what I do:

1) Take the .lin file convert it to an RBN using Pavilcek's converter utility.

2) Then, I take the resulting RBN file and run Richard's RBN to HTML converter. It produces output that looks like this.

3) I throw this into Word, annotate it, then ship it wherever I want.

It's a couple steps, but the output is pleasing and flexible.

- Dluxe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users