• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

weak twos bidding by partner

#1 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-January-17, 04:46

Hi again,

Can some one tell me the best way to respond to weak twos, i.e ougust, 2nt asking for features etc etc as I would like to know what options I have for bidding higher as sometimes I have complete disasters also is 2nt after a weak two bid forcing or is this dependant upon partnership agreement

Thanks again

#2 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2004-January-17, 08:44

I've never seen any use for 2NT as a natural non-forcing bid to a weak 2, but you should at least discuss what it does mean with your partner. Ogust is a straight forward response if you tend to bid all sorts of rubbish as weaks 2s, but if you're disciplined a feature ask may be better.

E.g. if you can always expect KQJxxx in openers hand, or something similar, asking for a singleton or void may a better method.

Another point to remember is not to bid on with a misfitting 13 count

3NT is very unlikely to make if you have a small singleton opposite partner's weak 2, so a bid of 3NT should be based on Kx support AT THE VERY LEAST.

#3 User is offline   mishovnbg 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge - new bidding systems, psyches; Computers - education, service, program; Computer games great fan :-)

Posted 2004-January-17, 09:33

Hi Sceptic!
The way you like to play weak 2 can change best way of responding. I prefer to play it with any unbalanced hand with at least 5 cards in good major suit. In same case your responses to 2NT relay must be second suit, if it exist, or rebid of suit with 6 cards.
Very interesting method play Ben (Inquiry), it include 2NT response like lebensohl for sign off at 3 in suit, for complete scheme ask him, if you like. This scheme is after dutch/muideberg 2 suiters, but it can work well after weak 2 well too, need to be modified, of course.
Misho
MishoVnBg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users