AKJ875
A962

You win the Ace. Plan your defence.

#2 User is offline   sartaj1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2003-December-08, 00:00

DT.
Make declarer commit before he finds out that the heart suit is divided 5-2 ( or maybe 5-1).

#3 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2003-December-08, 05:03

D5 or D10. With what hand will he bid 6C? he has LOTS of clubs, Kx or better in spades, no hearts. So he my not be able to finesse the DK. If he has AQ and you play anything, declarer can play some hearts, and when he finds out about the heart distribution, he'll play diamond to the AQ (puts the queen). If you play diamond now, he has to descide now if he's going to finesse or not without knowing anything about our hands.

Maybe the 10 is better to show no interest in that suit...
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#4 User is offline   WGF_Flame 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-December-19, 20:04

i agree, should return a dimond now.
hoping declearer hand look something like:
kXXX
----
AQXX
KQTXX
he will have to play the A of dimond and his best line imo is to play for the hearts and he will go down.
You were right to mention its imp cause this declerer hand or any hand with only 5 clubs (with 6 clubs the game is cold) will noty bid like that in matchpoint.

#5 User is offline   Trpltrbl 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sailing, cooking, bonsaitrees.

Posted 2003-December-27, 15:14

D5 or D10. With what hand will he bid 6C? he has LOTS of clubs, Kx or better in spades, no hearts. So he my not be able to finesse the DK. If he has AQ and you play anything, declarer can play some hearts, and when he finds out about the heart distribution, he'll play diamond to the AQ (puts the queen). If you play diamond now, he has to descide now if he's going to finesse or not without knowing anything about our hands.

Maybe the 10 is better to show no interest in that suit...

I almost always agree with you but this time I would play the 5 of D since the 10 cud be important card. And if pd get's in to play a D back it is already down 1 hehehe.

Mike ;D
“If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment,
so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there
be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work.”

#6 User is offline   dogsbreath 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bridge,golf,cricket,baseball, ironing (?)

Posted 2004-January-02, 02:10

dont agree D switch is clearcut. I expect p has 2 OR ZERO hearts.. must seriously consider returning H. would like to know more about my p's bidding style ..why no o'call or jump in S?
ManoVerboard

#7 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: FD TEAM
  • Interests:Motorsports, cricket, disc golf, and of course - bridge. :-)

Posted 2004-January-02, 03:03

Your hand, at IMPS is

A854
Q9542
KT5

dummy tables

AKJ875
A962

TRUMP exit. Why on God's green earth am I going to give the heart position away? Declarer's on a 3-0-5-5/2-0-5-6/3-0-4-6 hand shape likely. I dare not do anything else but exit a trump because it caters to three spades and forces declarer to break open the heart suit for themselves. It also reduces the ruffing power of BOTH hands because declarer's bound to ruff hearts in closed hand and diamonds in the open hand. Any other exit could be LETHAL.
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali

#8 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2004-January-02, 08:49

i'd never lead a heart back here.. only time it is right is when partner is void, and my hearts at least prevent all of dummy's from running.. i think i'm leading my spade 4 back, hoping dummy can't handle being forced in 2 suits
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users