Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

good idea 10

#1 User is offline   jjsb 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2003-March-29, 03:17

ok here is number still coming from my favourite learning book "pas à pas" (step by step). this time u'll have 2 problem for the price of one :) one defense and one declarer play . All IMP

first one , defense

N       S
1C   1S
2S    4S

KJ104
A
AQJ74

A72
          J752
          AJ96

your partner lead K of H , declarer take in dummy with the Ace play J of S that you duck and u take the second S with A (partner follow the 2 times in S) . to you  now.

number 2

declarer play

3nt by south , (opps don't enter into the auction )

AKQ42

AK9
A10
AQ72

lead K of H

good luck , my email are waiting for your thougth :)

regards
syl

#2 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2003-March-29, 18:48

1) Defence

I think return heart is best.  Dummy's clubs can be set up if you let declarer have enough entry.  Now if you return heart, if he ruffs, then 1 entry is gone.

2) Declarer play

I have seen this somewhere actually, so I won't do it.  hehe.  ;D

Thanks syl, some bidding questions too?  But I guess thats harder, because systems differ.  Basic bidding judgement call questions would be fun though.

WOooOf!

Rain
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#3 User is offline   jjsb 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-March-29, 20:57

2) Declarer play

I have seen this somewhere actually, so I won't do it.  hehe.  ;D

thanks to let other think ehehe

Thanks syl, some bidding questions too?  But I guess thats harder, because systems differ.  Basic bidding judgement call questions would be fun though.

and thank for feedback here i think we can manage some bidding question yes but definitely it's much more difficult in competitive situation for exemple it's really hard to say there's one possible answer and no other... but we can try . And yes , system vary

WOooOf!

miaouuu

Rain

#4 User is offline   jjsb 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-March-31, 16:19

sorry for the time i took to give the "correction" , i was a bit busy that past days . so let's go now :) .

defense :

so first as usual let's take the information we can . The lead of ur partner come from a "sequence" KQ or KQJ in H u can also imagine that ur partner cant have now more than 2 or 3 points outside H , those 2 or 3 points can come from KQ of D or K of C so to sum up u can hope one of this card is in partner's hand but definitely no more. Second things , what u think when u see the dummy ? well to that question, answer is easy there's  "frigthening" C and weaker D ... so it looks like if we can take tricks it's now or never and that will be done in D. now that we know D MUST be played we need to think if there's importance on the card we choose.... remember partner may have the Q or the K but not both . If declarer got the K it looks like you can say well done to him ... what now if partner got this cards (and declarer the Q) ? can u see now the card to play ? yes that is rigth, it's the J ? if your not sure that works see the entire deals and test . to end up u need that the D situation is 4333 to realise ur 3 tricks there.

the idea of rainy is good but the problem is to do that (play H) u will not really prevent declarer of entry even if he doesn't have the K of C (if he has he doesn't need entry :) ) your partner got this card and as u can see the finesse will work . Yes i agree the play will not be easy thougth

here is the deal

KJ104
             A
             AQJ74

65                            A72
KQ1084              J752
K53                      AJ96
1062                    83

Q983
             Q72
             K95

declarer play

i guess , on this one , i'm pretty sure than some think "hey syl u must be wrong giving the problem, it's an easy one" :) well let's see ... again and again first things when the lead is done don't play immediately and sum up some information . how many sure tricks do we have ? 2 in S, 1 in H , 3 in D (yes we count that 3) , and 1 in C , that is 7 . there's 2 colour that can give those tricks, D and C . in C it's easy if Finesse work it's one more , if not well u don't do 1 more . now in D there's some who will say "if D 2-2 or 3-1 i have 2 more tricks if D 4-0 i have just one (after giving one D)". let's stop here and imagine the play . D 2-2 it's true no problem , D 3-1 (with Jxx , J singleton everything is ok) "i play AKQ , J finally fall and... huh gosh i'm blocked :) " . ok so now u can see the problem . how to unblock ? that can be done if i can throw one of my 4 D in hand  on a H in D? so maybe now u have an idea rigth ? let see the play together . K of H duck , why duck? because if u need to unblock , playing H, u need to be sure not to be down 1 immediately so that means u need to know H are not 6-1 . you take second round east follow . u play AK of D .
* D are 4-0? u play a small D hoping that H are 4-3 or the person who have 4D don't have a H. and then the 9th tricks may come on the finesse in C
* D are 2-2? everything ok for 9 tricks (u don't need the finesse in C)
* D are 3-1 and the J didn't come? u play a H discard a D. your D are magically unblock :)

here is the 4 hands

[font=courrier]

AKQ42

J62                     Q10843
KQJ96              72
7                            J63
KJ94                    1085

AK9
             A10
             AD72

[font]

see u in other adventure :)