• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO Web-Client Thread 9

#1 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-December-22, 13:01

The latest version of the BBO web-client (V30) is now available.

Please let us know what you think by posting feedback in this thread! Alternatively you can send me an e-mail (fred@bridgebase.com) with your thoughts.

You can find out how to access the new version of the web-client and read about the changes that were introduced in it through:

Link to post announcing web-client V30

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-22, 14:36

Fred I tried to follow you through the yellows tournament today (22 Dec) and while the menu suggested that I had successfully flagged you to follow (if I right click on your name one of the options is "stop following fred"), when the movement came up I found myself at a table at which you were not present.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-22, 15:45

1eyedjack, on Dec 22 2009, 08:36 PM, said:

Fred I tried to follow you through the yellows tournament today (22 Dec) and while the menu suggested that I had successfully flagged you to follow (if I right click on your name one of the options is "stop following fred"), when the movement came up I found myself at a table at which you were not present.

For this to start working, the next version of the BBO server will have to be installed. Not sure when this will happen, but it won't be too long.

Sorry I did not think to mention this in my post that listed the new features. I think all of the other new features I mention should be working already.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#4 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2009-December-23, 09:36

Keyboard option is preferable than moving the mouse to a specific location to go to "Back" and click.
Takes more time and mouse is quicker, jumping and annoying.
"Esc" Keyboard should do "Back" function.

#5 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-23, 09:41

"Warning message" Too many times to read the same message. Time consuming to close the activity.

#6 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-23, 10:07

Chat Manager:
I can create message and save.
I can click on the message from chat manager and it pastes in the chat message area without a recipient. I get the warning for No recipient.
Now, I can not clear the message.
The cursor is the message area and right click, menu pops up.
"clear chat" is not functioning.
Now I select all and clear chat not functioning.
Now, I select all "Delete" works.

Prefer clear chat to function instead of multiple actions.

#7 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-23, 10:14

I like Chat manager concept.
This can be used for prealert messages.
I requested for prealert box for Suggestions for the Software.

#8 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-23, 10:51

A2003, on Dec 23 2009, 04:07 PM, said:

Chat Manager:
I can create message and save.
I can click on the message from chat manager and it paste in the chat message area without a recipient. I get the warning for No recipient.
Now, I cannot clear the clear message.
The cursor is the message area and right click, menu pops up.
"clear chat" is not functioning.
Now I select all and clear chat not functioning.
Now, I select all "Delete" works.

Prefer clear chat to function instead of multiple actions.

"Clear chat" is used to get rid of any chat that has already been sent or received and is currently displayed in the chat-output area.

It is not used for clearing what is displayed in the chat-input area.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2009-December-23, 11:08

Do you think you could have the "About BBO" box display the version number of the client? This is where most applications display their version number.

#10 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2009-December-24, 10:46

Is it possible to adjust the background colour of dummy? On my machine it is barely distinguishable from the other backgrounds. Only of relevance when kibbing of course.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#11 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-24, 10:57

1eyedjack, on Dec 24 2009, 04:46 PM, said:

Is it possible to adjust the background colour of dummy? On my machine it is barely distinguishable from the other backgrounds.  Only of relevance when kibbing of course.

No sorry. At this point in time the user has no control over colors.

I will take a look at this and possibly change this for the next version. However, if I think the problem you are experiencing is a function of your specific monitor I am not going to change anything - sorry.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#12 User is offline   A2003 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-24, 11:33

Home page
Click on "Help me find a game".
click on "Play - I want to find or start my own table".
click on "I want to start a new table".
click on "Teaching". "start table".
click on "south - click to sit".
Robot Pops up and hides Click to sit.

May be word like this "Sit (Click)" may give spacing for Robot pop up.
I can resize the window by dragging to full size, still complete wording is not visible.

"Sit (Click)" instead of "Click to Sit " may give spacing for reading.

Bidding Table, "Click to Sit" this is not there. So, this is ok.

#13 User is offline   Zmud99 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-December-25, 07:22

Hi,

is there a way to reach "partnership bidding" area in Web client ?
I didn't see it - :(

Perhaps , I miss something cause I'm new on BBO :) - Thanks for tremendous Job indeed

Regards

#14 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2009-December-25, 08:32

Same as above, but select table type = "Bidding"

#15 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2009-December-25, 16:20

FYI, the warning about closing the window or using the browser's back button doesn't work in Safari. I know you said it was only known to work in IE and FF, I'm just letting you know.

I'm pretty sure I've been to other sites that have Javascript that detects this properly in Safari, so it should be doable.

#16 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2009-December-26, 04:54

Just now I was in on the web client and although most of the functionality appeared ot be present it would not download any player profiles. Just said "searching" before timing out.

#17 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2009-December-26, 05:08

How impractical would it be for the server to keep a record of the tables on display to each logged-in user at any instant?

The reason that I ask is that for me a significant shortcoming of the web version contrasted with windows is the failure (in the web version) automatically and instantly, without prompting, to refresh the tables list when there is a change. If the server has on record the tables that I have on view then only sends to me refresh when MY view would change, this might cut down on the net traffic that I suspect may be the principal disinstentive to sending out global refreshes to all logged in users in the manner that currently happens with Win-based users.

#18 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2009-December-26, 05:28

Very small point, but I would prefer it if the screen refreshed dynamically as you drag the scroll bar. Under the current config the screen is frozen during the process of dragging and then refreshes when you release the scroll bar. Trouble with that method is that you have to guess whether you have scrolled to the right point.

This proposal probably involves a bit more net traffic, as it would require the client to download the entire table list or whatever, including those not currently on display, when in the current method it presumably re-downloads the list in context of the position of the scroll bar.

As an end user I know which way I would prefer it, is all.

#19 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2009-December-26, 05:41

If you ask GIB to analyse a hand within the web browser the number of overtricks or undertricks assigned to each card almost completely obscures the card lying under that number:

http://www.keepandsh...p?u=336410&fv=y

Increasing the window size doesn't help.

I can of course deduce the cards from the other three visible hands, but even so ...

#20 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2009-December-26, 06:13

I find the current procedure for saving hands locally when using the web client very frustrating. Are there any plans to make this easier? I appreciate that Flash prevents you doing this in real time, but there is a roundabout way of doing it in arrears, by going to MyHands and clicking on the Lin version. I guess I am asking if we can cut out the "roundabout". For example, when in the web version, clicking on Options when viewing a file provides a handviewer link, but this link only takes you to a "movie" version, it does not take you to the "Lin" version. Only the latter option gives you the option to save it locally. This means that if you want to save a hand locally you have to manually navigate to the approprate MyHands page, and it would be nice to have that as a direct link from the web client.

Perhaps another desirable option, if feasible, would be within the Export options to include "send Lin by email to [prompt for email address]" Is that barred by Flash?

Ideally I would like to be able to instruct the server to save locally (by email if necessary) a single lin file that contains an entire session of play. Currently I do not think that this feature is available even by saving files to the server. Yes you can get there by MyHands, but it involves a lot of mouseclicking.

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users